Removing Beer Stains

Having a stain on clothing can to a challenge to remove. This guide is about removing beer stains.

Does anyone know how i can remove Beer stains from my new precious leather boots that cost far too much money!!! The stain has dryed over the weekend but has left circular water marks.

Emma Quickenden from London England

Answers

Have you tried polishing them yet? A good shoe polish will usually take care of problems like that, especially if you leave a thick layer of polish on the stain for 20-30 minutes, to give it a chance to soak in and do its thing.

usually with water stains on leather they just dry out after a few hours. It is possible that if your boots are unfinished, i.e natural leather, that the stain has darkened the leather.
In which case you wont be able to remove it, not without causing damage to the leather.

All I can recommend is dyeing the leather - http://www.furn … k/LeatherDye.htm

I spilled beer all over my white leather jacket. Any suggestions on how I can get the stains out? Would dry cleaning it even do anything?

Matilda

Answers

If it's ruined now, regardless, I'd use a very mild solution of (don't gag!) your own urine, if clear and not dark in color, since your jacket is white,(all leather is tanned with horse urine, I was told by a leather furniture dealership!) along with a small amount of creme perioxide from Beauty Supply, on a terry rag and rub into the stain GENTLY FIRST.

Let the sun help you out for about one hour until stain is dry. Afterwards, I'd use tiny amount of coconut oil(LouAna brand from Walmart) and rub into the area to keep it supple, IF stain is out, otherwise, don't add the fine oil at all.

If no luck, I'd button/zip it up, put it into a cotton laundry bag, safety pin the opening very well, then try the Dryel type of home dry cleaning cloths, using double what it suggests for one load. When through, immediately take it out and pull it into shape if wrinkled, hang the stain side in the sun. What do you have to lose? If it were mine, this is what I'd do. God bless and help you. : )

I spilled beer all over my new silk dress. I took it to the dry cleaners immediately and pointed out the stain, but they dry cleaned it without removing the stain. Do you have any ideas on how to remove this beer stain even though it is already set in?

Allison

Answers

The alcohol (sugar) in the drink may be what stained it. Someone spilled white wine on the back of my wedding dress and the cleaners couldn't fix it. I took it to another place and they hand washed it in water to get all that sugar out and now it looks great. I think most things can be hand washed and that is the only way to really get out that sugar which will turn it brown over time.

Removing a beer stain on a suede purse.

Marie from Chula Vista, CA

Answers

Wipe it off the best you can with clear water on a damp sponge. You don't want to get it too wet, just enough to help lift the stain. Then, after it has dried, brush corn meal into the suede, let it sit for a few minutes, then brush out.

I have a pair of blue mesh shoes and a beer was turned over on them. I've used a every mild solution, but nothing seems to be working; is there anything else I can possibly use to remove this stain cause I love these shoes?

By Mrs.Hardy-EL from Birmingham, AL