Removing Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Category Carpet
Kitties are notorious for vomiting up kibbles and hairballs. The first thing to do is remove the solids. Then you will want to use a cleaner that is safe for your wool carpet. This is a guide about removing cat vomit on wool carpet.

How do I get cat vomit out of a wool carpet?

By alison mawson from Scunthorpe, UK

Answers

Best Answer

After lifting up the clumps, I use Resolve pet cleaner and a scrub brush in the cleaning aisle of your food store. It works for me and removes the smell and stain. Use in a corner first to see if it will affect the color of your carpet.

Does anyone have a way to get rid of cat throw-up stains? I have been using Oxyclean/water about 2 Tbsp. to one quart of water, I mix my own in a spray bottle, it gets up most but not all of the stain.

Sandra from Encino, CA

Answers:

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I have two very old cats who vomit on the carpet and I also have tried everything. I purchased a Bissel carpet shampooer, appox. $120.00, including the soap. Every stain, even old ones came out and it is as easy as vacuuming.

Give it a try. (08/21/2007)

By Joan

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Baby wipes work pretty good, too! (08/21/2007)

By lavonneann

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try using shave cream. Squirt some on the carpet, wait a few minuted, take a brush and brush well. Then use a wet rag to absorb the dirt. (08/22/2007)

By GRANDMA

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Try Nature's Miracle. Scrub it with a brush. Let it sit a while first. A more toxic way to do it is Resolve. I don't like the smell, but it seems to work on anything! (08/23/2007)

By Katrina

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

I too have the same problem with my darling cat, she is forever doing the wet fur ball throw up all over my home too. I keep a spray bottle of water and vinegar at hand (more vinegar than water). I spray and then immediately blot with paper towels. If the stain is too dark in color then I spray with Castrol Cleaner and use a scrub brush. It never fails me. However if your carpets are that of a color I would dilute the Castrol as it is very strong and might fade your carpet. Mine is a very light color and it works fine. Castrol can be found in Walmart in the cleaning section for autos. I hope this can help you out. Let me know and good luck, Pat (08/24/2007)

By Pat

What is the best way to clean the residual stain left by cat vomit on a wool carpet?

Michael

Answers:

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

Believe it or not -- shaving cream! The old-fashioned white foamy type, not a gel. Use what you have on hand, or go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest one. Squirt a big glob on the stain, then work it in really really well with a brush or a clean rag. Let it dry, then vacuum it up. You may need more than one application.

I've had cats for years, and this works! (10/04/2005)

By Becki in Indiana

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

This is the best tip ever! Our cat vomited and the bile got spread around in a large area on a white carpet. I tried multiple ways to remove it and all we saw was a faded yellow patch on the center of our carpet in a very prominent walkway! Thinking this one spot of vomit was going to cost us several thousand dollars so we could replace the carpet with wood floors, I tried the shaving foam trick. The carpet looks great and no stain. Fabulous! Thanks. (10/07/2005)

By Anon

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

One of my cats left a huge pile of vomit on our beige carpet. I tried carpet cleaner and it didn't work. The bile had stained the carpet yellow. I then tried pouring vinegar on the yellow stains and putting a towel over it and then standing on the towel to soa1k up the stain. It worked! Be generous with your vinegar. Good Luck (07/22/2006)

By Colleen Ann Catalano

Cat Vomit on Wool Carpet

A lady once told me club soda will get stains out of anything. Pour club soda on the stain and rub with a terry hand towel than take a clean towel and blot the rest of the club soda out of your carpet. It really works. I use that remedy for all carpet stains. (03/07/2007)

By Jane