Removing Vomit Stains from Carpet

Category Carpet
Vomit stains and odors can be difficult and unpleasant to remove from carpet. This is a guide about removing vomit stains from carpet.

Try Windex on carpet stains. My husband taught me this and it really works

By AJCharee

Top Comment

Thanks so much it works wonders

This is a guide about cleaning cat vomit stains from carpet. When your pet gets sick and vomits on the carpet stains often result, from food dyes, and more.

Read More... Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Yes! Yes! Windex worked on a pink vomit stain when OxiClean, Shout, Folex, Challenge, Ram, and Scrubbing Bubbles wouldn't touch it. So glad I found this. Yay!

How do I remove dog vomit stains from my carpet?

By Janice

Best Answer

Nature's Miracle (available at pet stores) has worked for me on all kinds of pet stains & odors, as well as kid messes! Once it made the stain from a dropped plate of spaghetti & sauce completely disappear on a white carpet! It may take a few days for the stain to totally fade away, but it has always worked for me.

Best Answer

I have been amazed at how well plain old club soda works to clean up stains left by pets, including vomit. Clean up any solids first, then pour a little club soda on the stain. Let it set a few seconds, then use a rag (not paper towels) to scrub.

If you still have a slight stain, repeat, and use some Oxyclean spray, and scrub again. Obviously, this works best on new stains.

I have been using this method for several years. Unfortunately, I have some aging animals with health problems and have had to use this method a lot lately.

I need a sure-fire way to get this icky up-chuck stain off my newly-cleaned carpeting. I've blotted up the liquid, etc. Now I'm left with an icky stain. Help!

By Laurie

My daughter has a vomit stain on her carpet from the 2nd week in December. She has tried everything everyone has suggested. It doesn't smell, but the stain will not go away. She needs to get the stain out so she isn't charged for the stain when she moves out.

I thank you in advance for your advice.

By Kat

I had my six month old Basset Hound named Howlie spayed this past Monday. When she was brought home from having surgery later that day she was pretty sick from the anesthesia. That evening and all night she kept vomiting up this green bile. It was as green as grass in color. She is doing fine now.

What I would like to know is if anyone can tell me how how to get the green color out of my carpet? I have several green spots on my carpet and have tried everything I can think of. Tried shampooing it out also. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rita from Weatherford, TX

Vomit Stain on Carpet

Get some Spot Shot at Wal Mart or a similar store. I haven't found a stain yet that this product won't remove.

By Jean from MS

Vomit Stain on Carpet

I use Simple Green and LA' Totally Awesome. The Awesome is sold at dollar stores and now I know why they call it that, it takes stains out of anything. I use all the Awesome products now, even the laundry stuff will get stains out of carpet and things! I used Simple Green because a friend I had owned a laundry business, and she said it took stains out of everything. I was not supposed to share this info as she charged for stain removal, lol. This is really yucky, too, but she said in her business, funeral homes would come in after hours and they would in the industrial washers wash the bedding that embalming and such were done on, gross!

They came to her to get blood stains out of stuff she used Simple Green on a lot. Sorry to gross you out, but this stuff has power! (05/01/2008)

By Kim

Vomit Stain on Carpet

Resolve for pet stains is awesome for removing the stain and odor! I have used it for cat vomit, blood stains on our carpet and cat tree after a stray cat wounded one of our cats (he was taken to vet after I discovered the blood stains, and is A-OK now). We also had 3 big spots of kitten diarrhea when we started letting the kittens come in for winter, that a stray under our house had given birth to, all of which we have adopted and spayed-neutered. One of them must have been sick or very nervous that first couple of days, as he had several accidents before making it to the litter box, poor thing. Resolve resolved the problem, though, LOL.

You just get up all you can with a paper towel or washcloth, spray the area, wait 3 minutes, then keep wiping with a damp cloth until all of the stain and solution is gone, then allow to dry. Very easy. I never thought the area around their litter boxes would be the same, but it is. And you get it at the grocery or Wal-mart or wherever. You don't have to make a special trip to the pet store or vet. (06/02/2008)

By Connie W

I have a doxy and she was sick for a couple of days. Can anyone suggest how to get stain out of carpets? It is Beige carpet. She is fine now, the vet said it was just a flu like thing. Thanks.

Sherin from Ontario, Canada

Removing Vomit Stains From Beige Carpet

Try Shout laundry stain remover. Test a spot that is not seen, then try it on the stain. That is what I'd do. Hope it helps. Angie (08/20/2008)

By Angie

Removing Vomit Stains From Beige Carpet

Get "Resolve Carpet Cleaner for Pet Stains." Sure worked for me! (08/21/2008)

By connie w.

Removing Vomit Stains From Beige Carpet

I found a "new to me" carpet cleaner is Folex. It may be purchased at Wal-Mart, where I got mine, Home Depot as well as Lowes. My hubby took stains out of our carpet that we didn't know what they were. It also works on upholstery as well as clothing. A friend of mine said she got out an old stain out of her hubby's shirt. So it works. Hope it does for you too.

Linda from PA (08/21/2008)

By Linda Watters

Removing Vomit Stains From Beige Carpet

I use vinegar water or often just warm water, and my wet-dry vacuum helps me really pull the dirty water out of the deepest layers. No matter what cleaner, you gotta get it all up. (08/21/2008)

By Kim Churchman

Removing Vomit Stains From Beige Carpet

I have had 2 cats for 15 yr and they continue to vomit on my beige carpet weekly. Here is my true blue never fail homemade carpet cleaner. (These ingredients will make about 1 yrs worth of cleaner.)You'll need:

• Spray bottle
  • Liquid Oxycleaner stain remover (I used to use
  • powder but this works MUCH better)
  • Liquid SHOUT gel
  • Liquid colored bleach.

Mix equal parts of each cleaner (it really depends on the size of your spray bottle but I normally do a little less than 1/4 c each). Fill with hot water. Shake gentle.

Spray on the stain and wait a minute or two. Then spray once more and scrub. BEAUTIFUL! If you get a soapy result, you have too much cleaner and need to water it down some.

By Char

I need advice! While babysitting, my friend's kid threw up all over the place. I am having the hardest time getting rid of the vomit smell in my carpet and my hair.