Removing Sticky Residue From Pet Fur

Before you get out the scissors, there are some ways to successfully remove glue or other sticky stuff from your pet's fur. This is a page about removing sticky residue from pet fur.

I had a mouse in the house and placed the sticky tray traps where it was invading. Even though I thought I'd placed them out of the reach of my dogs, my Lhasa got into one and it stuck to her fur. What a mess! I had to cut it off and then tried everything to get the sticky goo off her fur to no avail. She was a mess.

I called my vet and she advised me to use regular cooking oil and rub it in the goo and then use a rag to wipe it clean. Took a little effort, but it worked. I couldn't believe it. My dog's lifesaver and my wallet's. It may or may not work on tar, etc., but it's worth the try. Hope this is useful.

By MaryEllen from Mounds, OK

Pets AdviceSeptember 8, 2014
😷
🌻
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Glue-and-Other-Sticky-Residue-From-Pet-Fur.html