Removing Hair Dye From Wood

How do I get hair dye off of my wooden mirror?

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

Use SOS Lemon Cleaner it gets out really tough stains, it works, trust me! (09/17/2004)

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

Wow... that SOS really works on removing hair dye out of wood! Thanks. (02/02/2005)

Hair gel from sofas

Has anyone got any ideas on how to remove hair gel from sofa's? My son regularly likes to sleep on the sofa with his greasy head. It has caused a lot of upset with other occupants in the house! Any suggestions URGENTLY REQUIRED!

Editor's Note:
We posted this as a new request: (04/03/2005)

By John

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

What is sos? (11/24/2005)

By Tanya

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

S.O.S. are soap pads, either steel wool or a scrubby plastic, with soap in them so when you get them wet, they get nice and sudsy.
Susan from ThriftyFun (11/24/2005)

By ThriftyFun

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

By melanie

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

Wow that S.O.S stuff really works. I recommend it to everyone. It really works and there were no scratches or discoloration on my wood floor. Yay =] (08/29/2007)

By Nimra

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

Thank you for this tip. I dyed my daughter's hair and there were horrible dark brown stains on the wood floor. I tried all kinds of tricks to get it off from white vinegar to 401 cleaner. Nothing helped one bit until I found this site. Within 10 seconds of scrubbing with an SOS pad I could see it was working! Thank you so much. (10/20/2007)

By Rich

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

Thank god for these tips....SOS saved the day it took only
a few seconds and the hardwood looks awesome, hair dye gone..
lol "phew".(10/27/2007)

By miranda

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

My husband was wearing a black jacket and the dye stained a part of his guitar he was playing all night. Do you think SOS would work on his guitar?

Doesn't it scratch?

Thank you.
Editor's Note: I wouldn't use it on a guitar, it will ruin the finish. You could try a magic eraser, it is slightly abrasive but not as much, then polish the place where you have cleaned. (11/26/2007)

By Marla

Removing Hair Dye From Wood

It worked great. I was concerned until I read it wouldn't scratch. Well the hair dye came up with a little elbow grease and it didn't scratch. My husband will not grumble every time he goes to the bathroom now.
Thank you again. (11/29/2007)

By Linda