Gentle Hair Dye Advice

Category Coloring
This guide contains gentle hair dye advice. For many people, the harsh chemicals in hair dye irritate their skin or make then feel ill. Here are some suggestions for natural and less noxious hair dye options.

Hello Ladies,

I want to dye my hair. In the past when I dye my hair I get a headache. I am getting older and I want to cover my gray. Please help. I want to know which hair color product that is out there that I can use that is gentle. Also, I get some shedding afterward.

Jacquelyn from Houston, Texas

Answers

By (Guest Post)
Best Answer

What color? For a range of red to brown colors, try henna. All natural, no chemicals. You have to do a strand test to see what your color will be. I've been henna-ing my hair for about 5 years now and I feel like I have more hair, thicker hair, and it's in better condition than ever before. My hair is originally dark brown and I get a dark cherry color with the henna. Covers grey really well. For more info, try this website: http://www.hennaforhair.com .

By oceanamoonjl@hotmail.com (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Hi there,

Waterworks haircolor is one I use that doesnt smell at all really. Mixes with water and the peroxide is already blended in w/color powder.

I'm VERY chemically sensitive to almost all unnatural scents & chemical stuff and I use it w/no problems! You have to order it online, Thats only place ive found it. Good prices too! good luck! Jess

By Jaelyn (Guest Post)

There are also brands in the grocery store that carry hair dyes without ammonia - no smell!

I colored my hair for years. A few years ago (at age 39), my husband asked me to stop coloring it. The first year or so was hard for me, as I had to wait for the dyed part to grow out (I didn't want a short cut to get rid of it.) It is almost totally white now--I get SO many compliments on it!

I have even had people ask if I color it white!! I vote for letting your hair grow out naturally! I never would have thought mine would have turned out so beautifully!