Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

I got some hot pepper juice on my hands and it is burning. Does anyone know how to sooth it?

Beth from Bloomfield, IN

Answers:

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

Try milk; it helps neutralize the capsicum. (08/14/2008)

By Jill

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

Many years ago, when we lived in New Mexico, every year we would get a hundred pound sack of chile peppers. We would roast them, peel them and then freeze them to be used all year long. One year we decided to get the "extra hot". We were told that we really didn't want extra hot, but we were young and foolish. Well, my hands were burning up so I called my doctor. He told me to soak my hands in ice water in which I put COMET or AJAX, any type of abrasive cleanser. I thought he was crazy, but I did it anyway. It did take the burn and the sting away.
Good Luck. (08/14/2008)

By Margaret

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

Use baking soda, you can just sprinkle it on your hands and rub or make a paste with a little water. Good luck.

(08/14/2008)

By Linda

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

I like you had burning hands from peppers. I put vegetable oil on my hands and put on cotton gloves, it took away most of the burning effect. (08/14/2008)

By JJ

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

Also, you can use something acidic like lemon juice or vinegar. (I haven't tried vinegar, but I think it would work, but I know the lemon juice does) Also, salt and beer are known to neutralize the chemicals from peppers that cause the burn (capsacian). (08/15/2008)

By Jana

Removing Hot Pepper Juice From Skin

Have you tried aloe vera? I keep a plant on my fridge to sooth any burning sensation. I don't know if that will work or not. I think it's probably not "juice" but "oil" that you're struggling to get off? Maybe some type of grease relief product? Good luck. Pam (08/16/2008)

By Pam T

🎂
🌻
📓