Removing Mildew from a Mattress

How can I remove a mildew smell from my child's mattress?

By Kate

Answers

Try putting white vinegar into a spray bottle and mist the mattress with white vinegar. Don't overdo it. Wipe up any excess vinegar with a towel, let it dry. Once dry, the vinegar smell should subside and hopefully the mildew smell is gone to.

If that doesn't work, you may want to try doing the same thing with diluted bleach water. Dilute 2 1/2 Tablespoons of bleach per 1 gallon of water. Open windows for ventilation. Mist the mattress, wipe up excess, and let try completely.

Answer this Question

2 More Questions

I have mildew on a mattress, how do I clean it?

Brenda from Toronto, ON

Answers

I just cleaned the foam seats and mattresses from my boat, they were disgusting with mildew! After trying different items, I tried a bleach and hot water mix and it was great!

I also used a floor scrubbing machine (the one with the 2 brushes on the bottom) anyway, it was fantastic and i have the rest of the day to myself!

Answer this Question

Click to read more ideas from older posts on ThriftyFun.

Home and Garden Cleaning MoldApril 8, 2016
🐛
😷
🌻
📓
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Removing-Mildew-from-a-Mattress.html