Removing Mothball Smell from a Leather Chair

I bought a used leather chair, under a year old, 2 days ago. It looks great, but smells horribly of mothballs. I just thought it was the lady packing up that was creating the mothball smell. Since getting it home, I have used Zorbx, Fabreze (made it worse), leather cleaner, 3 washings with vinegar and water, and now am using newspaper, with baking soda on top. I cleaned the whole underneath the same way I cleaned the rest of the chair. The smell is still there. Is this a lost cause? It is a nice chair and I hate to donate or throw it out. I have quite an aversion to smells so even cleaning it with vinegar is challenging. Any suggestions?

Baking soda, activated charcoal, coffee grounds and white vinegar absorb odors. Try airing it out outdoors also. At least for 24 hours if you're able.

I have tried baking soda and have washed it down 5 times now with vinegar and water (equal parts). While it has reduced it some, it is still very much smelling like moth balls. Thanks.

There is a highly rated product called Nok-Out, which is available on Amazon. It removes the smells, not just covers them up.

Home and Garden Cleaning OdorsJune 24, 2019
🎂
📓
🌻