Removing Odor from Wet Carpet

The carpet in my apartment has been wet for 2 weeks in the center of my livingroom. I called emergency maintenance several times about the carpet. Now my apartment has a bad odor. What should I do?

The apartment owner is responsible for your problem if the origin of the problem is plumbing, electric etc. You can send the owner/manager a certified letter stating your problem and request they comply in repairing the carpet odor problem immediately. Also tell them if they do not comply within one week, you will assign this matter to your attorney. If they do not take reasonable action, you should make plans to move ASAP.

That is mold forming. I would rip up the carpet and run a fan continually to dry up the place.

The padding and floor have to dry out too. Notify the landlord as well.