Removing a Paper Towel Stuck to a Wooden Desk

Somehow a paper towel got stuck to my white wooden desk a long time ago. I never bothered to try to get it off. But now it's getting on my nerves. How do I remove it?

Thanks!

Use olive oil to moisten the towel, let sit for half an hour and peel off.

Thanks! I'll see if that works.

We had a label stuck to a table that my hubby removed by leaving a very thin coating of Murphy Oil soap on the label. It came right off after about 10 minutes. I don't like the smell, but it made the table look shiny and got rid of the melted on sticker. Hope this works for you!

Nothing has worked yet, and it may be because the paper towel that got stuck is pretty thin. Any other ideas?

You could try 1 teaspoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of baking soda and enough vinegar (a few teaspoons to make a paste). Let it sit on the towel (it will foam up) for 3-5 minutes then gently massage the paper up and off the table (the salt will act as an abrasive).

Be very careful not to let it sit too long or scratch the table. This is a last ditch effort for me since the salt can scratch if you rub it in too hard. Use a clean white rag and be gentle with the process. Post back how it works!

Thanks for the suggestion! It took most of it off, so Ill do it again when I get the chance and it should be completely removed. No damage done to the desk either! Thanks for the advice!

Woo hoo!! So happy it worked. This is my go to for tough issues. It just has to be used carefully since salt is abrasive. Blessings!!