FurnitureCleaning

Removing a Set-in Coffee Stain from Upholstery

I have a recliner that has several set-in coffee stains. How can I remove them?

Best Answer

Mix one tablespoon of liquid dish soap, one tablespoon of white vinegar and two cups of warm water. Apply gently with a sponge, blotting frequently with a dry white cloth.

Best Answer

I've had good luck using hydrogen peroxide to get stains out but test out on the fabric to make sure it doesn't remove the original colour

I just learned a home made oxy clean that took very old stains out of my favorite shirt. Mix 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide into 1/2 cup warm water in a tall plastic cup. Wisk it together until the soda dissolves.

Test it someplace no one will see if it removes the color. If it stays colorfast, dip a clean, white rag into the mix, then gently blot up the stain. Dip, blot, dip, blot until the stain is gone. Let it air dry. If after it drys, the stain is still there, you may need to try again.

Best wishes!