Removing the Seeds from a Pinecone

It can involve a lot of time when trying to remove seeds from a pine cone. The cone will need to be heated in order to cause it to open and release the seeds. Some tips follow.

I heard you had to burn a pinecone in a fire to get seeds.

Answers

Best Answer

Believe me, this is a lot of work for a very small amount of edible seeds.
And - no I do not think you place the pine-cone IN the fire; just near the fire and usually in a pan to capture the seeds as they are released from the pine-cone.
You can never use green cones and I think you can only use the small cones or that is my understanding. You can place the small brown cones in a pan and use your warm oven.

I did find a YouTube video on this subject. The instructions on pine-cones is about half way through the video.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA39XQ8UAr4

Best Answer

No this is not how you do it. This takes a lot of time. The pinecones need to be roasted in order to remove the seeds.

I am not sure why you want the seeds but if you are planning on eating them then you will need to spend a lot of time removing the seeds and preparing them for you to set.

You can find instructions for removing seeds from a pinecone at homeguides.sfgate.com/extract-pine-tree-seeds-40618.html

Here are some guild lines on how to prepare and get seeds for use from pinecones - More like a recipe to gather seeds-homeguides.sfgate.com/extract-pine-tree-seeds-40618.html

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceMay 16, 2020
👔
😷
🌻
🎆
😎
🐛

Generated 2020-05-17 23:13:14 in 2 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️