Restock Your Pantry Like Stores Restock Their Shelves

0
Share
Save
Follow
Print

Silver Post Medal for All Time! 306 Posts

A fully stocked pantry with canned goods.No, I didn't run out of groceries and have to restock. What I mean is that when I come home from shopping, I have decided to restock my shelves in somewhat the same manner that the stores do.

It must work for them so I decided to do try it and do the same sort of thing in my pantry. Talk about shocked, I had doubles of quite a few things and had some items I have no idea why I purchased. The money sitting on those shelves could sure have been put to better use. If the store was as disorganized as I am it would go broke in no time. They can't sell something if no one can see it and I can't use something I bought if I don't know I have it. So something had to change.

A new organizing system had to be implemented. First of all everything came out of the pantry and was sorted into like groups: vegetables, pastas, condiments, etc. This I had done before, for the most part. Then each group was re-sorted. For example, the beans: chili, pork and beans and green beans; you get the idea.

My pantry is a wooden self-standing cabinet about my height so reaching high was not an issue. When it came to putting the goods back into the pantry, the most often used went on the top shelf at eye level and so on down to the bottom. I adjusted the shelves as I went to accommodate for the size of containers. When I came across those oddities I had forgotten I had, they went to the front, duplicates also went to the front.

When I use everyday items and only have one left I add them to my grocery when I use it. When I found duplicates I made a "2" on the lid of one and that one went in front of the other one. That tells me I have one left. Beside my grocery pad, I tacked up a piece of paper with the duplicates, neglected items and older items on it to remind me to plan around those items that needed to be used first.

Now to stick with this plan and keep my pantry looking organized, and easy to find items will be a pleasure instead of a chore. Hopefully this will help someone else keep organized and stop wasting money that could have been used elsewhere. Happy organizing and shopping everyone!

By Ann Winberg from Loup City, NE

Do you have a frugal story to share with the ThriftyFun community? Submit your essay here: http://www.thriftyfun.com/post_myfrugallife.ldml

Organizing KitchenJune 5, 2017
🌻
😎
🎆
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Restock-Your-Pantry-Like-Stores-Restock-Their-Shelves.html