Reverse Button on a Kenmore Sewing Machine?

I was gifted this sewing machine a week ago by a neighbor who maybe never used it. I am brand new to using a sewing machine and was able to figure out most things, but I cannot for the life of me figure out where the reverse option is. Can anyone help? My neighbor did not have the manual.

Best Answer

This sewing machine is Model #1370 - 158.13170 and it was made in 1972-7973.
It is very difficult to obtain a free manual (or even a paid manual) but you will surely need one.

You can try these sites - you'll have to look for 158-1317.One site had a manual #1581318 and it looks like the same machine but if you go to one of the forums you can ask them before buying it.

www.tias.com/.../1922486533.html

www.kenmoresewingmanuals.com/.../kenmore_158_manuals.htm

You will also need to join a sewing group so you can ask questions in the future. There are several with forums and nice people answer your questions.

sewing.patternreview.com/.../board.pl

www.rokslide.com/.../

www.threadsmagazine.com/discussion-forum

It is likely the chrome button to the left of the light switch. You may have to hold it down while you stitch in reverse.

I have found a site where you can pay $5.95 to download a PDF manual for your sewing machine. They have all the manuals for the different makes of this sewing machine. Just scan down the list and find your manual. You will need to pay the fee in order to download it to your computer. Here is the link for the manual. www.kenmoresewingmanuals.com/.../kenmore_158_manuals.htm

there's generally a little knob or lever that if you push it, it will start running backwards.

Consumer Advice General AdviceMay 21, 2020
🌻
📓
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Reverse-Button-on-a-Kenmore-Sewing-Machine.html