Saving Money on Plastic Wrap

We all look for ways to save on kitchen supplies. This is a page about saving money on plastic wrap.

Tips for saving money on plastic wrap as suggested by the ThriftyFun community.

Cut In Half

One way to save money on plastic wrap is to cut a roll in half. Then you have two narrow rolls that work great for small items like brownies and cookies.

Clean and Reuse

Don't throw away plastic wrap after you are done using it. Instead, wash it and dry it and use it again. Saves money on expensive plastic wrap!

By Roberta

Don't Use Plastic Wrap

Don't use plastic wrap at all. Buy 10 shower caps for a dollar at the dollar store. They stretch as easily over a 9x13 inch cake pan as well as large salad bowls. I wash and reuse too I also like reusable plastic containers. They are the best for leftovers.

By Lisa

Buy Holiday Wrap After The Holidays

Buy some of the holiday wrap discounted at the end of the season!

By melody_yesterday

Cereal Box Liner

I have had the same box of Plastic wrap for about 3 years. I use the bags inside cereal boxes to store and refrigerate. Will I ever use that plastic wrap? Certainly not for food wrapping.

By Michael Ruger

Post your own ideas here.

I buy the colored "disposible" shower caps, the ones from the Dollar General or Family Dollar. They are large enough to cover a pretty large bowl. Best yet, I hand wash them and reuse them for months.

By liz Mickey from Missouri Valley, IA

Consumer Advice Shopping Food & KitchenMarch 14, 2012
😎
🐛
📓
🌻
😷
Generated 2020-07-23 21:51:45 in 752 msecs. ⛅️️
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Saving-Money-on-Plastic-Wrap-1.html