Sea Bass Recipes

Category Seafood
Sea bass is a lightly flavored fish which makes it a good choice for many recipes. This page contains sea bass recipes.

I got my inspiration for this dish from a spectacular fried branzino I had at popular Mediterranean restaurant in Los Angeles. Unfortunately, the price tag on that dish was too high to run back for again. So I came up with my $2-per-person version as I had found some sea bass on a huge sale. Let me tell you, it was out of this world! I really hope you give this recipe a shot.

If you can't luck out on finding the sea bass on sale like I did, try any type of fish, and surely it will be just as awesome. :)

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 20 minutes

• 2 fillets sea bass
  • salt and pepper
  • 1 tsp dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp cumin powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 Tbsp capers
  • 1/2 tsp butter
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley

1. Preheat oven to 425 F (I used my toaster oven). Lightly grease a baking sheet and place fillets skin side down. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper. Mix the spices together in a small bowl, then sprinkle on fillets. Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes.
  2. Crush the capers with the back of a spoon.
  3. Melt 1/2 teaspoon butter in a saucepan over medium heat and add the capers. Cook for about 20 seconds.
  4. Add lemon juice and cook it down for a couple minutes.
  5. Remove saucepan from heat. Stir in remaining butter and stir until well combined and sauce has thickened. Chop parsley and stir into the sauce.
  6. Plate the fish and drizzle with lemon caper sauce. Goes great with quinoa or on top of a bed of plain pasta (the sauce will sink in). Scrumptious!

Toast walnuts in dry skillet over medium high heat 1 to 2 minutes. Toss sea bass in cornstarch. Coat skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium high heat.

I would like a recipe for fixing black bass. Is it good fried or is it good baked?

Judy from Texas

Answers

Fried is the only way, I've ever had bass. mmmmmm! Congratulations on your catch!!