Septic Soak Away Pipe Clogged?

My septic is not working properly. The soak away pipe seems to be clogged up and the water is leaking through concrete and it smells. Can I use yeast and sugar with warm water?

According to my research, yeast can be used.

There could be a variety of reasons the soakaway pipe is clogged. it could be because of roots, a person flushing down the wrong items in the toilet, there is an issue with the septic tanks. You first need to determine the problem and why the soakaway is blocked. One way to do this is to have a plumber come out if you feel the blockage is a soft blockage and not a hard blockage. They can clear this out for you. The second way to do this is to have the tank empied. If there is an issue with the tanks then the soakawy pipe will need to be changed. I would not really pour sugar down the drail because if this does not clear out your problem you will end up with ants.

Do you perform regular maintenance?

I'm sorry but most likely you are going to have to have someone check your septic system.

You can try the yeast as it will probably not hurt even if it does not help.
I dealt with septic tanks for many years (rural living - septic tanks) and from this experience, I have learned that, as a general rule, when soak away pipes/system go bad it is permanent and will have to be replaced. Hopefully that is not your case.

There are numerous reasons your problem exists but an overloaded septic tank is most often the problem.
If you are renting/leasing then your landlord will have to have this problem taken care of.

If you are the owner, then hopefully you have some type of insurance and many times this sort of problem is covered so be sure to check this out first.

Here is a link (from a company in the UK with their ads) that has some good information that might help with understanding how big a problem this can be.

www.ukdpsolutions.co.uk/how-to-clear-a-blocked-soakaway

Home and Garden Home Improvement Septic TankOctober 30, 2019
🐛
🌻
🐰
👒
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Septic-Soak-Away-Pipe-Clogged.html