These shamrock pretzels are very easy to make, consisting of only two ingredients: pretzels and candy melts. They are a great sweet and savoury snack on their own, but also make great dessert toppers. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 large shamrocks
- 6 ounces green candy melts
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- Melt green candy in a double boiler (or microwave in 30 second increments). Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dunk a pretzel in the melted candy to cover completely. Let excess drip off.
- Place the pretzel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the dunking process with two more pretzels and attach them to the first pretzel so that all the bottoms are touching, forming a shamrock shape.
- Break a few pretzels so you're left with segments that can be used as shamrock stems.
- Dunk one stem segment in the melted candy and attach it to the bottom of the shamrock leaves.
- Take a tiny dollop of melted candy and place it in the middle so it holds together all the leaves and stem when cooled.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Shamrocks will lift right off the parchment paper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.