Vote for this contest contender!
These shamrock pretzels are very easy to make, consisting of only two ingredients: pretzels and candy melts. They are a great sweet and savoury snack on their own, but also make great dessert toppers. Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 10 large shamrocks
- 6 ounces green candy melts
- 2 cups mini pretzels
- Melt green candy in a double boiler (or microwave in 30 second increments). Stir frequently until smooth.
- Dunk a pretzel in the melted candy to cover completely. Let excess drip off.
- Place the pretzel on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Repeat the dunking process with two more pretzels and attach them to the first pretzel so that all the bottoms are touching, forming a shamrock shape.
- Break a few pretzels so you're left with segments that can be used as shamrock stems.
- Dunk one stem segment in the melted candy and attach it to the bottom of the shamrock leaves.
- Take a tiny dollop of melted candy and place it in the middle so it holds together all the leaves and stem when cooled.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes. Shamrocks will lift right off the parchment paper.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!