Slow Cooker Carnitas
Busy day ahead, a slow cooker is your best friend. With minimal ingredients and prep work, you will get juicy carnitas for taco night or any night. There will be lots of leftovers for other meals.
Prep Time: 5-10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 hours
Total Time: 10 hours
- 4-5 lb pork shoulder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 7-10 garlic cloves
- 1/2 Tbsp ground coriander
- 1/2 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 bay leaves
- Mix all seasoning in a bowl and mix. I eyeballed the spices, but you can add more according to your preference.
- Chop 2-3 cloves of garlic and place on the bottom of your slow cooker. Add your meat.
- Rub the pork with the seasoning you just mixed.
- Add chicken broth and remaining garlic cloves on top. Top off with your bay leaves.
- Allow the pork to cook on low settings for 10 hours. You will flip the meat at 5 hours. Ready to shred meat and serve!
- We made tacos with avocado slices and fresh greens.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!