Slow Cooker Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs
I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile. Chicken thighs are 69 cents a pound this week, so the time has come. This is a very tasty, economical meal!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours and 3 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 23 minutes
- 3 lb bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 small lime
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about six cloves)
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- black pepper, to taste
- Trim the fat off the chicken.
- Put, skin side up, in the slow cooker.
- Add lime zest and juice the lime in a bowl. Add other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Put the mixture over the chicken thighs in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Crisp under a broiler for 3 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!