Slow Cooker Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs
Using a slow cooker can make your chicken thighs very tender. This inexpensive, garlic lime chicken recipe may take longer in the crockpot, but well worth the wait.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
I have been wanting to try this recipe for awhile. Chicken thighs are 69 cents a pound this week, so the time has come. This is a very tasty, economical meal!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 hours and 3 minutes
Total Time: 5 hours 23 minutes
- 3 lb bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, trimmed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 small lime
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic (about six cloves)
- 1/2 Tbsp sesame oil (optional but recommended)
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- black pepper, to taste
- Trim the fat off the chicken.
- Put, skin side up, in the slow cooker.
- Add lime zest and juice the lime in a bowl. Add other ingredients to the bowl and mix well.
- Put the mixture over the chicken thighs in slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Crisp under a broiler for 3 minutes.