Small Fabric Bags with Crochet Drawstring
We each have a need to keep our little valuable items, whatever they may be, nearby. I noticed that there was really no place to store these things other than in a cup or saucer. So I made these bags for everyone in our home. They are perfect for holding trinkets, chargers, or earbuds. The fabric is so beautiful. I am going to make more. I love them so much!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: One bag
- fabric scrap
- embroidery thread
- Several safety pins
- 1 crochet hook of any size
- 1 long piece red yarn
- Fold fabric in half right side in and mark straight lines to sew along, using a ruler and a permanent marker or washable marker.
- Sew the sides closed leaving room at the top to fold over the drawstring you will crochet. Trim seam if needed.
- Crochet a chain one and a half times the length of the bag.
- Place the crocheted drawstring under top rim of the bag. Safety pin to secure if you like.
- Sew top flap over drawstring. Make sure the drawstring is free to move every few stitches to make sure you are not sewing the string to the actual bag.
- Turn bag back to where the pretty material can be seen or right side out and push corners into shape with crochet hook. It should look like a rectangle.
- Put trinkets inside and pull drawstring to close. Tie drawstring into a bow.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!