Small Fabric Bags with Crochet Drawstring

We each have a need to keep our little valuable items, whatever they may be, nearby. I noticed that there was really no place to store these things other than in a cup or saucer. So I made these bags for everyone in our home. They are perfect for holding trinkets, chargers, or earbuds. The fabric is so beautiful. I am going to make more. I love them so much!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: One bag

1. Fold fabric in half right side in and mark straight lines to sew along, using a ruler and a permanent marker or washable marker.
  2. Sew the sides closed leaving room at the top to fold over the drawstring you will crochet. Trim seam if needed.
  3. Crochet a chain one and a half times the length of the bag.
  4. Place the crocheted drawstring under top rim of the bag. Safety pin to secure if you like.
  5. Sew top flap over drawstring. Make sure the drawstring is free to move every few stitches to make sure you are not sewing the string to the actual bag.
  6. Turn bag back to where the pretty material can be seen or right side out and push corners into shape with crochet hook. It should look like a rectangle.
  7. Put trinkets inside and pull drawstring to close. Tie drawstring into a bow.