Snack Box New Year's Noisemakers
These are cute little noisemakers for the countdown on New Year's Eve! All you need for the main bit are some empty snack boxes, popsicle sticks, and dried pasta or rice. Use a little paint and glitter to glam them up. Have a safe and happy new year celebration!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 noisemakers
- 2 Popsicle sticks
- 2 empty mini snack boxes
- acrylic paints
- dry pasta or dry rice
- Paint the sticks and let dry.
- Paint the boxes and let dry.
- Flip everything over and paint. Let dry.
- Paint some details on the boxes. I went with a circles and stripes.
- When fully dry, add details with your marker. I chose the year and happy new year messages.
- To glam up the boxes, dot some glue around, then sprinkle with glitter. Let dry.
- Fill the boxes a third of the way with dry rice and/or dry pasta.
- Glue a stick in each of the boxes to serve as your noisemaker handles.
- Let glue dry for at least 10 minutes. Grab, rattle, and celebrate!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!