Spoiled Milk Odor in Car

How do I get a milk spill out of my car? It is gray fabric, and I have had it detailed. I then took the seat out, it is Styrofoam on the bottom. I took it to the car wash and used the brush on it. I am going to spray Febreeze on the Styrofoam and put it back in my car. Does anyone have any suggestions? I also have to clean the metal that is under the seat because there is still a smell even though the seat is not in there, because it is drying. Thanks.

Sheryl from Oklahoma

Answers:

Spoiled Milk Odor in Car

This same thing happened to me in August when the temp was over 100.

Go to a pet store and purchase "Nature's Miracle" and saturate the carpeting with it. This is also good for laundry cleaning at home as well as carpeting at home. (02/25/2009)

By karenr313

Spoiled Milk Odor in Car

After spilling milk in my car, I had a terrible time removing the odor, even after several attempts with carpet cleaning and Febreeze. The only thing that worked was a cleaner I purchased at a vacuum cleaner store. The carpet cleaner contained enzymes to neutralize odors. I thoroughly sprayed the entire area, waited a day or two, and then shampooed the carpeting. No odors at all! (03/01/2009)

By Quilty Girl

Spoiled Milk Odor in Car

My toddler spilled his milk in the car and it left a terrible smell. I tried Nature's Miracle (enzyme cleaner) and Febreeze, which didn't work. The only thing that worked was wet vac, then a baking soda and vinegar paste left overnight with the windows cracked open. Then do wet vac again in the morning, then baking soda and wet vac one more time. No smell, thankfully! (09/18/2009)

By Beth D.