Sprucing Up a TV Stand

Gold Post Medal for All Time! 969 Posts

Sprucing Up a TV Stand - finished makeoverI have to see this white wicker TV stand all day when I watch or walk by. I had had enough. So today I did something about it. I hope you like the ideas.

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 1

• 1 6 piece of foam board
  • 1 14" piece of glass
  • 1 white wicker basket
  • 3 pretties for the shelf
Sprucing Up a TV Stand - supplies

1. I had all that I needed to complete this little project. So if you ever run across this problem, look around for things you probably have. I took all the stuff out of the bottom of the wicker.
  2. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - yarn removed from stand

3. Then I made sure the glass would be big enough for the support pieces, having to use it vertically. At first I wished it had gone across the other way, but now I am glad it didn't. This allowed me to put some yarn in the bottom and still get it out easily.
  4. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - glass placed front to back

5. Then I measured the width for the foam board shelf and it was the right width, just too long. A steak knife works great for this if you don't have a box cutter.
  6. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - foam board

Sprucing Up a TV Stand - ready to add foam board

7. Once the little foam board shelf was in, I found some pretties that I had that were small enough to fit.
  8. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - decorative items on foam board

9. With the wicker basket full of yarn I put that on the glass and some yarn in the space underneath it.
  10. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - small wicker basket on glass and filled with yarn

11. With another longer wicker basket to wedge (wink wink) into the front, all it needed was a nice rug. N-JOY!!
  12. Sprucing Up a TV Stand - more yarn in a basket on the floor

Sprucing Up a TV Stand - purple rug in front of the stand

Organizing Clutter ControlAugust 5, 2020
👔
🌻
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Sprucing-Up-a-TV-Stand-1.html