Homework HelpEducation

Statistics Homework Help

I am having trouble with statistics and need help. I would like to ask someone I know, but they are just as clueless as I am. If anyone can help, please dumb it down for me to understand. My stats teacher sent us this:

source of data -
Identify the random variable
The sample/population mean and standard deviation of the data
A relative frequency histogram so that each data value has its own bin and is correctly labeled on both the x- and y-axis
A probability distribution table that is properly labeled in both columns
Find the mean and standard deviation of the probability distribution
Find the probability that a data value is greater than the mean
Find the probability that a data value is significantly high
Find the probability that a data value is significantly low

I am using the program Statcrunch and I still don't know what to do. Help!

You didnt give the exact figures so we cant figure this out. I would ask for extra help from the teacher.

I shudder when I think about taking statistics in college. I might have been able to do this about 40 years ago, but not anymore. Does your school have a math lab where you can go for extra tutoring?

I used to teach college English and I held office hours for my students to come for extra help. Please don't hesitate to go to your teacher and ask for help--that's what we're there for.

I was peer tutoring in the psychology department at the same time I was going for my own peer tutoring in the math department. Once you get it, statistics will click for you.

Hint--if you need to have formulas memorized for a quiz, before you even look at the questions/problems, write those formulas down at the top of the page. It's easy to panic and forget the formulas, but you'll have them at your fingertips this way.

Now my son is going to grad school for statistics--go figure!

Ask your teacher if he/she has open hours where you can get assistance or one on one tutoring.