Storing Appliances in Cabinets

In an effort to regain space in the kitchen, I decided that I needed to find storage places for the various appliances that were cluttering up the counters. Our island has a deep cabinet underneath that wasn't being utilized very well. It works great, but one issue was that I couldn't see what was in the back of the cabinet. I solved this problem by putting labels at the front edges of the shelves. Now I don't have to sit on the floor to know what's back there. Plus it helps remind everyone where everything goes once they are done using it. :)

I too had to do that but instead I built long plywood boxes with a lip. Instead of expensive tracks for a sliding shelf, I bo't a few bags of marbles. I also lined the original shelves with 1x2's to keep the marbles contained. Now the heavy appliances easily roll out.

And how do you use the marbles?

The cabinet's bottom is a tray (built with 1x2s) and the marbles are kept in there, allowing the appliances placed on them to move easily. You would need a lot of marbles to fill up the bottom of a cabinet.