Strawberry Plants Not Producing

I have grown a big beautiful, dark green strawberry plant, but only two berries have been produced. The two strawberries were healthy and a beautiful red and just died after being harvested. I just don't know why I didn't see any more berries? The plant itself is absolutely glorious, healthy and strong. But simply no berries. What's going on?

By Linda from Tustin, CA

Answers

You need to check the variety of plant you have there are plants that only give fruit once a year as well as varieties that are ever bearing such as a Quinalt

You can always add mushroom compost; my favorite for using on plants. Gave some to my daughter and she raved about how great her strawberries were!

I had the same problem this year, the first time I have tried to grow them in pots. I think the soil was too rich, being new, and this generally gives plenty of green growth but little fruit. I am hoping for a good crop next year in same soil.

Is it possible you over fed them? Also don't they need one full season when not much is produced?

Answer this Question