Stuffed Pumpkin Recipe
Bronze Feedback Medal for All Time! 121 Feedbacks
October 30, 2012
Baked pumpkin stuffed with meat and rice
Total Time: about 2 hours
- 1 pumpkin weighting 4-5 pounds
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 2 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 lb ground meat (beef, venison, buffalo)
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup cooked wild or other rice
- 1 Tbsp crushed dried sage
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 beaten eggs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Wash the outside of the pumpkin. Cut off the top and remove the seeds and stringy material. Prick the inside of the pumpkin several places with a fork. Rub the inside with 1 teaspoon of salt and the dried mustard.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic and meat. Cook over medium heat until he meat is browned. Turn off the heat. Add the eggs, rice, 1 Tbsp. salt, sage and pepper. Stir.
- Put the meat mixture in the pumpkin. Put 1/2 inch of water in a baking pan. Place the pumpkin in the pan and bake for 1/2 to 2 hours or until the pumpkin is tender.
To serve, cut the pumpkin in wedges and give each person a wedge with stuffing on it.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.