Sugar Cone Cornucopias
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 899 Posts
If you are looking for a quick and tasty treat to serve your young guests this Thanksgiving, then look no further!
Total Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cornucopia
- 1 sugar cone
- a chopstick or pencil
- candy, nuts, etc.
- plastic wrap
- curling ribbon
- If you have a steamer pot, with basket, use it. I didn't so I used a stock pot, splatter guard, and a plastic microwave cover. Put water in the pot and bring it to a boil.
- Place a sugar cone on the splatter guard (or in the basket). Cover it, to retain the steam, and steam the cone for about 90 seconds.
- Remove the cone, press the seam back down if necessary, and wrap the pointy end around a chopstick or pencil. Set it aside to dry. It will be briefly pliable is any reshaping is needed to the opening, etc.
- While the cone is drying cut a square of plastic wrap a little bigger than the top of the cone. Once the cone has hardened, fill it with candy or nuts.
- Place the plastic wrap square over the end and secure with a piece of curling ribbon. Curl the ends of the ribbon with a pair of scissors.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.