Summer Driving Tips

Category Driving Tips
Although the road conditions and visibility are usually good, there are other things to keep in mind when driving in the summer. This page contains summer driving tips.

Our bedroom gets bright sun, and here in Southeast Georgia, it can reach the mid-80s in there, even with the A/C wide open. So I came up with an idea that lowered the temperature in there 20 degrees or more, depending on the amount of clouds.

I went to the dollar store and bought some of those shiny silver windshield sun blockers that you unfold and place in your windshield to keep your car from blistering. I cut them to size to fit snugly inside the window frame,with the shiny side out, then cut an old white piece of fabric to cover the front of them, so the shiny part couldn't be seen from the outside of the house. Then I duct taped them to the metal on the inside window frame, so no heat could get around the edges.

After I hung my blinds and curtains back up, the windshield blockers are invisible. From the outside, it looks as if I have a white window shade, not tacky at all. And inside, I am chillin' !

By Gloria Hayes from Darien, GA

Consumer Advice Cars Driving TipsJune 17, 2012
🌻
😷
📓
😎
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Summer-Driving-Tips.html