A simple, easy refreshing summer lunch or side salad for a picnic - and it's healthy, too!
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes, including soaking time
Yield: 4 side servings, 2 main course
- 1 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Cover bulgur with hot water. Let soak for an hour or two (grain will soak up water without being cooked). Place bulgur into a container.
- Squeeze fresh lemon into bulgur (I used about a half of a lemon). Add garlic, parsley, chopped broccoli and tomato. Mix well.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to let the flavors meld. Serve cold or warmed - both are delicious! I find that adding grilled chicken breast makes this an easy, healthy summertime meal!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!