Tabouli is a Mediterranean salad made with bulgar wheat, finely chopped parsley, cucumber, and tomatoes. Mint leaves are often added. The dressing is traditionally olive oil and lemon juice. The addition of other veggies varies this recipe and makes it one you can play with for different occasions. Serve as a summer salad or side.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
A simple, easy refreshing summer lunch or side salad for a picnic - and it's healthy, too!
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes, including soaking time
Yield: 4 side servings, 2 main course
- 1 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 2 cups broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 Tbsp parsley
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, minced
- Cover bulgur with hot water. Let soak for an hour or two (grain will soak up water without being cooked). Place bulgur into a container.
- Squeeze fresh lemon into bulgur (I used about a half of a lemon). Add garlic, parsley, chopped broccoli and tomato. Mix well.
- Place in the fridge for about an hour to let the flavors meld. Serve cold or warmed - both are delicious! I find that adding grilled chicken breast makes this an easy, healthy summertime meal!