Tax Free School Shopping Weekend
Many states designate one weekend in the late summer for tax free school shopping
. To find out more information about your state's sales tax holidays, check out this link:
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Here's a list of the states participating in Tax Free Weekend 2011.
- Alabama (August 5-7): Certain school supplies, computers, and clothing - Check list of participating cities and counties
- Arkansas (August 6-7): Clothing and school supplies
- Connecticut (August 21-27): Clothing and Footwear
- Florida (August 12-14): Clothing, Books, and School Supplies
- Iowa (August 5-6): Clothing
- Louisianna (August 5-6): All TPP
- Maryland (August 14-20): Clothing and Footwear
- Mississippi (July 29-30): Clothing and Footwear
- Missouri (August 5-7): Clothing, Computer, and School Supplies
- New Mexico (August 5-7): Clothing, Computers, and School Supplies
- North Carolina (August 5-7): Clothing, School Supplies, Instructional Material, Computers, Other Computer, and Sports Equipment
- Oklahoma (August 5-7): Clothing
- South Carolina (August 5-7): Clothing, School Supplies, Computers, and Other
- Tennessee (August 5-7): Clothing, School Supplies, and Computers
- Texas (August 19-21): Clothing, Backpacks, and School Supplies
- Virginia (August 5-7): Clothing and School Supplies
If you have a budget for Christmas, this is a good time to buy a few Christmas gifts. My suggestions for not overspending during these tax saving week-ends from my experience are:
- Look at the ads before you leave home to shop.
- Go through your closets to see what you are in need of, donate the clothes you can no longer use.
- Make a list and stick to it.
- Do a search for your state and find out the exact rules which apply to what you can purchase during the tax free week-end.
- Stick to your spending budget.
By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.