Teen Job Ideas

I'm 13 and I wanna make some money. I need it for up coming Christmas. I don't know anyone around my area, so I can't ask if they want me to do chores and I don't think shops would want me either. What can I do?

By megan john

You definitely are too young to work in businesses. You must know some of your neighbors and parent's friends. If you know somebody that has little kids ask if they need a babysitter. Also if you are given money for ball games, movies, etc. only use the portion that would go to attend the venue, don't buy any snacks or drinks, and save that money. My parents were real hard up farmers when I was a kid, and that was what I did, only the money I saved, until I had enough went for fabric so I could make a skirt or something. Every now and then on the farm my Dad would find some odd chore for us to do that he would pay us a little for. But if you are talking about gifts for your family, you could always make things like gift cards, promising to do a certain chore for a certain amount of time.

What assets do you have that you can make money with? Do you have a computer or a camera? If not, do your parents have anything they would let you use?

You can make money with a computer and whatever kind of software you are familiar with. Example: if you are familiar with printshop or photoshop, make some lovely cards. Maybe your parents can help you sell them on ebay.

There are all kinds of ways to make money with a camera. Take pictures of items that stores stock and sell those pictures to them as stock photos for advertising, take pictures of people's children or their pets and sell them their pictures. When I went to Cedar Point, Ohio (home of the roller coasters) one year, there was a young girl standing at the gate with an instamatic camera and a bag of film.

One where the picture comes out right away. She would take pictures of anyone wanting to pay her $5 of them underneath the Cedar Point sign. You could do this at just about any event.

Hope this helps.

If you're looking for really good and unique ideas, check out www.profit-kids.com