Making Clothespin Pteranodons
This is a guide about making clothespin pteranodons
. A small, simple craft to make dolls to look like the prehistoric flying reptiles.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This quick craft is inspired by the "Tiny" dolls seen on the children's program "Dinosaur Train." The dolls are meant to look like pteranodons made from sticks and leaves.
Approximate Time: 3 minutes
- spring-less clothespin
- silk floral leaf
- silk floral flowers (optional)
- Remove the leaf and/or flowers you are using from the floral stem by pulling it off.
- Place nubby end of leaf/flower between the prongs of the wooden clothespin at the bottom.
- Push the leaf/flower up toward the middle of the clothespin. As it moves higher, the clothespin narrows, tightly holding the leaf or flower.
- Add additional flowers or leaves if you like. Secure with tape or glue if desired.
By Kirsten from Logan, UT