Handprint Turtle Framed Art
My 2 year old daughter absolutely loves painting! She makes really nice artwork pieces and I have been meaning to frame some. Here's a great way of displaying her artwork with a cute turtle silhouette in the form of her hands (like artist hands) for the painting. Ties in and adds a cute touch with the phrase "I turtle-y love you!". Ready to be thumbtacked to the wall, at work desk, in your child's bedroom, on the fridge, or if you have a spot in your home like a bulletin board/whiteboard to hang.
- paint + paintbrush
- construction paper
- googly eyes
- First have your child make a painting and allow it to dry. Or use any old paintings your child have painted previously.
- Trace your child's hand on colored construction paper and cut it out.
- Cut out a circle for turtle's head.
- Assemble your turtle - glue head and hand together. Then, glue on googly eyes.
- With a black marker, draw on a nose and mouth.
- Glue turtle in the center of your child's art piece. Add a cute phrase if you'd like or any phrase, or you could have your child write their name.
- You are ready to frame the painting. Fold a full size piece of construction paper in half. Then cut out a rectangle to create a border frame.
- It is ready to tape or glue the frame to the painting.
- My daughter wanted to add finishing touches to her turtle with green sequins.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!