Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

Put all those credit card offers to good use. I have a place in my kitchen drawer to save the John Doe, or your name here plastic credit cards I get in the mail. I later use them for almost anything. Scraping teflon pans (you pay 2$ for a plastic tool), cleaning and scraping anything nasty, because you can throw it away when you are done.

I have used them scrape hardened wax, remove excess foam insulation (the stuff in a can), scrape up built up fabric softener from the washer. The shape makes them perfect for getting into corners and tight spaces, and best of all they are free!

By Diane from Rochester Hills, MI

Answers:

Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

Boy, I get a lot of these and usually just destroy them. This is a great idea to recycle them. (11/10/2008)

By Sharon

Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

I have used these for sometime now. They work well for most cleaning jobs; flour off the counter, cleaning my ceramic stove top. They are better than the ones you buy as they seem to be thinner but sturdy.
(11/10/2008)

By Dolly

Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

I also save the credit cards and have used them for the same purpose. They come in handy when cleaning the tight space between my stove and the counter top. (11/10/2008)

By Marjorie

Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

Pretty cool idea (11/13/2008)

Use Credit Cards for Cleaning

Don't forget to destroy them after using them. (11/17/2008)

By Darla H.