Uses for Chlorine Tablets

I have a bucket of 1 inch chlorine pucks. Ideas for use (other than pool) would be greatly appreciated!

The chlorine tablets that I am familiar with are the ones that you dissolve 1 tablet to treat 7500 gallons of water with for pool use. If that is what you have, there is no other safe usage, as they are actually a hazmat product. If they become wet, or in close range to other chemicals they can off gas and be deadly. (I am a firefighter/emt and we study these often). They are too powerful to be used in a home cleaning situation and can actually damage metal pipes.

So, if that is what you have, there is no other safe use.

just a trivia fyi--did you know that chlorine was first developed to be a chemical weapon during wartime?

Don't use them, especially to clean. The fumes can damage your lungs.

Anonymous

you can give the bucket full of chlorine tablets to a friend who has a swimming pool.

Ok, this will be super controversial, and I don't advocate this nor would do it (well maybe if I was really desperate lol) but on YouTube I've seen videos of folks who use those tablets to essentially instantly cure their athletes foot.

Aside from that, please put a FREE ad on craigslist or Facebook group before you toss them in the landfill