Using Beer in the Garden

Category Miscellaneous
Beer can be helpful in the garden to catch slugs, as a fertilizer and for other things. This is a guide about using beer in the garden.

Tips for using beer in the garden. Post your ideas.

Answers

Have any flat or stale beer? Pour it into your garden. Your plants will love you for it. They love yeast.

By Terri

By Mary (Guest Post)

If you have slugs, put a saucer of beer out for them. They crawl in, drink and die. And I do'nt feel the least bit sorry for the slimey things!

By SNIGDIBBLY (Guest Post)

So do the slugs. Try adding a bunch of salt to the beer and it will attract and then kill the slugs.

I read of a homemade fertilizer made with very small amounts of beer, household ammonia, whiskey, I believe, plus maybe some more stuff. It was in an Atlanta paper 10 or more years ago. I haven't been able to locate it, and I wouldn't want to try it out without having the proper measurements.

The person who wrote the article said not to be afraid to use this "petal punch" on the whole yard, not just for flowers. Does anyone have this recipe?