Using Bulk Herbicides and Pesticides

Sometimes the cost and scope of a garden weeding and planting project may require the purchase of bulk garden chemicals. Working with large containers of herbicides, fertilizers, or other chemicals can be awkward. This is a page about using bulk herbicides and pesticides.

I have a half acre field joining my property. I hope over the years to turn it into a respectable flower garden. Now you know why I am so keen on rooting plants. I could never buy enough to fill this half acre.

While I don't like using chemicals, I've found it necessary when working with such a large area. Things I use to buy in pints for use around the house, I now buy in gallons.

Lifting these gallon jugs and measuring out a tablespoon of liquid can be a challenge. So, I transfer some to a quart container, first. Even that can be messy with these potent chemicals.

I bought a turkey baster bulb from Dollar Tree and use it to transfer the liquid from the gallon jug to the quart container. Actually, it works quite well. Pouring out a tablespoon from the quart container is so easy.

I doubt most of you will be using enough lawn chemicals to warrant buying a turkey baster bulb. I bet though, you could come up with some ideas for using one to transfer other liquids.

Home and Garden Gardening AdviceSeptember 20, 2017
📓
🌻
😎
😷
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Using-Bulk-Herbicides-and-Pesticides.html