Using Virtual Yard Sales
May 29, 2012
Join or create a virtual yard sale on Facebook! I recently discovered this idea. You post a picture of the item you want to sell along with a description and price. People who are in the group will comment that they want the item and arrangements are made for a meeting place and time. It works really well.
If you don't like the price you can offer a different price which is nice for those of us who find haggling in person intimidating. You can search for one in your area by typing in "virtual yard sale" in the Facebook search box. If a group doesn't exist in your area you can start a group. Its a great way to purchase items at garage sale prices or get rid of some things that are gathering dust. The absolute best part is no fees!
By Kristina Gonzales from South TXRead More Comments
Ask a QuestionHere are the questions asked by community members. Read on to see the answers provided by the ThriftyFun community or ask a new question.
April 24, 2015
How would I keep sales in 1 county?
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 105 Posts
November 5, 20171 found this helpful
- If you want to make a virtual yard sale you need define your location on the sale.
- Explain that due to the high shipping cost the sale is only for this zip code, country, city, or location.
- Also if a person from outside this area decided to purchase an item at your yard sale make it know they are responsible for shipping cost.
- All other purchased make it know that the people are responsible for picking up the items purchased.
- I would ask for payment up front for the item sold at your virtual sale. They can easily send you the money by PayPal.
- Just put in the yard sale that once the item is sold as is there is no demanding a refund from PayPal.
- If the person has an issue when they arrive to pick up there item you deal with them personally.
- I would also suggest that once the item is picked up you have the person sign for the item. This way they can't go back to PayPal and file a claim against you for not receiving their item. You'll have proof of delivery and their signature on the receipt.
Answer this Question Judy
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 677 Posts
November 5, 20170 found this helpful
When you have your sale you can specify the areas that you want your sale to appear in.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.