Virtual Yard Sales

Join or create a virtual yard sale on Facebook! I recently discovered this idea. You post a picture of the item you want to sell along with a description and price. People who are in the group will comment that they want the item and arrangements are made for a meeting place and time. It works really well.

If you don't like the price you can offer a different price which is nice for those of us who find haggling in person intimidating. You can search for one in your area by typing in "virtual yard sale" in the Facebook search box. If a group doesn't exist in your area you can start a group. Its a great way to purchase items at garage sale prices or get rid of some things that are gathering dust. The absolute best part is no fees!

By Kristinas from South TX

I have a lot of little girls clothes shoes and toys that I would like to start a virtual sale for but have just joined a few minutes ago. How do I go about posting a new virtual sale for all the nice things I want to sell?

We have a site that is called BID WARS. It's just for our 3-town area (Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, & Mission). I love it because I can "shop" at anytime of the day or night. Auctions last exactly 72 hrs / 3 days which gives you plenty of time to ask questions and bid. I pretty much keep to Maple Ridge and save BIG $$! EG. Marble mortar & pestle for $4, DVDs for $1 ea., concert t-shirts for $2.50 - $5:ea. , plus MUCH MORE!!!: