Displaying Clothes at a Yard Sale

Category Selling Tips
There are a number of creative ways to hang or layout clothes so that your prospective yard sale buyers can easily see them. This is a guide about displaying clothes at yard sale.

I have some clothing I'd like to sell at my yard sale. However, I have no rack, clothesline, or fence to display them on. What can I do or use to display my clothes?

Thanks in advance for the clever advice I'm sure I'll get from all of you!

By Bluesome from Tonawanda, NY

Answers

Best Answer

I have went so far as to lay a tarp down on the ground and set them nicely in stacks. Unfolded, layered on top of each other works best because they know they aren't in a department store, and are usually in a hurry to get in and get out!

Best Answer

My neighbor hung a lot of clothes on a pole strung between two ladders. Worked fine.

Best Answer

I used the ladder and pole and it worked well. Also, hang them from a tree, fold them nicely on a table and if you have a garage, hang them along the garage door track.

I bought a ton of baby clothes at a bag sale and plan on having a garage sale this summer. Each item of clothing would be a $1. My question is should I leave the tags on... most things are priced between $2.50-$4. It would be easier to leave them on but how would you feel going to a sale like this?

Thanks,
Seeme from Oregon

Answers

Best Answer

Some people may see the $2.50-$4.00 tags and not buy them, thinking that's the price for them. I personally wouldn't pay that much either. If you want to keep the tags on you should make a giant sign saying that the clothes are actually $1.00 each and place it where everyone is sure to see it.