Using a Portable Potty for Bathroom Breaks

If you have a young child, carrying a plastic potty in your car can be a good idea. This is a guide about using a portable potty for bathroom breaks.

I am the mother of 3 little boys ranging from the ages of 3 1/2 to 7 months and when we have to be out somewhere I found it was quite difficult to unload all 3 and go inside to use the bathroom when one of the older boys had to go.

So when I ran across a potty chair with a lid and splash guard a light went off in my head, "if I can use this at home why not in my van". Not only is it convenient b/c I don't have to unhook the baby... I have both hands free to handle the boys and it is much more sanitary b/c I know it is clean. So if you are a stressed out mom or dad that has difficulty when you are out with bathroom breaks then this is the route to go.

By mommy3

By Maureen (Guest Post)

I had a neighbor who used to do the exact same thing with her 3 kids especially on long cross country trips. However, she used to use large ziploc bags and lined the potty with it, then when one of them used it, they flipped the lid, zipped the bag and carried it off to the garbage - no mess, no spills - easy cleanup!!

By Firefly1985 (Guest Post)

I also plan to do the same when my son is potty trained. I also found at a store called Burlington Coat Factory-Baby Depot that they had a travel potty that can be folded almost flat and comes with little plastic bags to use for "collection" then you just throw them away without having to clean anything.

Maybe Babies R Us or some other large baby store will carry them.