Valentine's DayCrafts

Valentine's Day Hearts Card

Vote for this contest contender!

This Valentine's Day card that I will be give to my mom is made from tissue paper I received from my shopping trip at Victoria's Secret and other items I already had at home.

You could apply this concept to a Mother's Day card, birthday card, or bridal shower card and use other tissue paper for other themed cards also. I love how it turned out!

Total Time: 30 minutes

Yield: 1 card

1. Figure out what size and color you want your card to be. My card is white, measures 8.5" long and 5.5" tall when folded in half.
  2. These strips will be for the spiral swirl hearts. I used a baby pink construction paper and cut into 1 cm thick strips by 8.5" length.
  3. Manually swirl the paper strips, or use a wooden dowel or bamboo skewer. Note: It takes 2 pieces per heart. I made 4 pieces to make 2 hearts. You can make more if you want more to be on your card.
  4. To form your heart, unravel a little bit of the swirl to make a heart shape. Glue the bottom tip then between the heart.
  5. Using your tissue paper choices (I used a solid light pink and cheetah print, both free from my Victoria's Secret purchase), rip some pieces in assorted sizes.
  6. The fun part is to glue down the tissue paper in any order or style you want. Don't worry if you go over the sides of the paper because you will cut excess with Exacto knife later. Tip: Cut a piece of sturdy cardboard to use as a guide to smooth out the tissue paper.
  7. Repeat until you have covered the entire card with tissue paper. Feel free to layer until you are pleased with your master piece. Cut remainder of tissue paper with an Exacto knife or trim all sides with scissors.
  8. For finishing touches, secure heart shape down and a little bit of glam, I added rhinestone sticker ribbon. Ready for you to write your message on the inside of the card.
  9. Ad