Vegetarian Pasta Recipes
November 21, 2016
Read More Comments
I call this Secretly Budget Pasta because I make it when I'm short on funds. This recipe is super quick and cheap, but the outcome is something fancy and delicious. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 crown broccoli, cut into pieces
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- spaghetti or any pasta for two
- 1 Tbsp chicken or beef granulated stock
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook spaghetti as directed to al dente.
- Warm up a pan to medium high with a bit of oil. Add all your vegetables except for the tomato. Fry until lightly browned and softened, about 5 minutes, Stir often.
- Drain pasta but reserve the water it was boiled in. Add pasta to vegetables.
- Add the granulated stock and the diced tomato.
- Add some of the reserved pasta water to the mix a tablespoon at a time. The starch in the water helps create a beautiful thick sauce, and picks up all the yummy browned vegetable bits at the bottom of your pan. To finish up, add salt and pepper to taste. I like mine with a bit of cheese and hot sauce. ;)
5 More Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
In small bowl, combine soy sauce, vinegar, oils and sugar; set dressing mixture aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain well.Read More...
This vegetarian sauce is a great alternative to red sauce to serve with spaghetti.Read More...
Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas for the last few minutes; drain. Place in a large bowl and mix with remaining vegetables and spices.
Pour dressing on top, starting with 1/2 cup and adding more if necessaryRead More...
Clean out your refrigerator to make this customizable pasta recipe. It's great for stretching your family's food budget. This is a page about making refrigerator pasta.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.