Washing Microfiber Cushion Covers

Can I put Microfiber sofa covers in the washer?

By Dave4answers from Anaheim, CA

Answers:

Washing Microfiber Cushion Covers

Wow, I don't know, but first, why do you need to wash them? Do they have surface stains or potty accidents? After a really terrible diaper leak, we sprayed ours down with greased lightening (it worked in the past) and wiped most of the big yuck with paper towels.

We took our entire left side cushion and put it in the tub and ran it under the shower. I scrubbed it in there and rinsed it off. Then we wrapped it in towels and sat on it. Twice. Later that day it was dry to the touch and is now stain free. We have sprayed it down with greased lighting and wiped with a damp white terry cloth rag to remove permanent marker, and acrylic paint.

A sprayer with a solution of laundry detergent or dish soap and water worked as well on other marks. (Ah, life with small children!) My microfiber couch is red, however, and I am not sure on what would happen with another color couch. Good luck. (04/28/2009)

By poepadoe

Washing Microfiber Cushion Covers

I put the micro fiber pillow cushions from my son's sofa in the washing machine when my granddaughter spilled green food coloring on them (St. Patty's Day mishap). I used regular detergent and the gentle cycle. I put them in the dryer just until almost dry. (05/06/2009)

By merlene