KnittingCrafts

What is a Knifty Knitter?

What is a Knifty Knitter?

By debbie from Richmond, KY

Basically, it is a knitting frame, kind of an oversized knitting spool (or knitting knobby) like we used as kids. The original ones were all round, but now they also make long, straight ones. There is a different brand that aso makes one in a long "S" (Infinity) shape--lets you work a long-flat piece without having to manage a very long frame. Google it, and you will see lots of images and patterns.

They're very easy to use, becoming quite versatile as people figure out more and more ways to use them, and portable!

I have both the round set and the long sets of knitters. I have made socks, scarfs, hats, and even a rug. The last item I just finished was a small pillow for the couch.

The ideas are endless and using the knifty knitters are easy to learn. Try it, you may become addicted. I sure did.